– Saturday, Nov 22nd at 5:30 p.m. The fireworks will start immediately following the parade and can be viewed from most downtown locations.
– Christmas Past or Future / Noël du passé ou de l’avenir
– Due to the proximity of Remembrance Day celebrations i.e. from Tuesday/Wednesday to the Saturday of Parade day, and the challenges this imposes on both the police and marching bands, the 2014 and 2015 Parade Dates will be moved to the 4th Saturday in November.
- The Traffic Management Unit will undertake all necessary road closures, traffic rerouting, and traffic control points to ensure the safety of the parade participants and attending pedestrian spectators.
- Our Unit understands the motoring public will be slightly inconvenienced on the afternoon of the parade, however, we believe these measures are necessary to successfully meet our mandate.
- Motorists should be aware of the following:
- Southbound lanes on Notre Dame Ave will be closed between Kathleen St and Ste Anne Rd at 1:00 P.M.
- The downtown core will be closed to vehicular traffic at 5:00 P.M. until approx. 8:00 P.M.
- The neighborhood contained by Kathleen, Davidson, College and MacKenzie will be closed to traffic save for local traffic only
- Brady St between Paris St and Douglas St will close for more than one hour shortly after the commencement of the parade
- Families planning on attending the parade are encouraged to carpool and arrive early to park free of charge in a municipal parking lot
- Parking will not be permitted along the parade route — Elm St, Durham St, Minto St and Elgin St.
Officers along the route will assist traffic destined for downtown as much as possible tomorrow afternoon; however, motorists are encouraged to plan an alternate route.